Zoning Board Minutes
JULY 18, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
July 18, 2016
1. 7:00 meeting called to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present Cox, French, J. Zalobsky L. Stephan and K. Olson.
Also present Lonnie Stevens Curt Jansen representing Richard Peffley, Richard Carlisle & Rick Harland as recording secretary.
4. Motion by Cox support by J. Zalobsky to approve minutes from June 20, 2016. All, ayes. Motion carried.
5. Chair explains the formation, powers and duties of the zoning board of appeals and the public procedure to be followed. Al members were present. Chair explains that a majority of three votes is needed to take action. Variances are granted to the property, not to the owner. Chair reads 125.3606 MCL concerning appeals. An appeal under this section shall be filed within 30 days after the zoning board of appeals certifies its decision in writing or approves the minutes of its decision. Appeals of zoning decisions are made in circuit court.
6. Basic Conditions: Motion by J. Zalobsky support by L. Stephan that basic condition have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Special Conditions: Motion by K. Olson support by J. Zalobsky that special condition 2B has been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky Administrative Standards have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. Chair reads case:
Case # 16-04 Request for variance
Petitioner: Richard Peffley
Address: 6414 River drive
Lansing, MI 48906
Local Address: 2916 N. Portage
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID # 040-45-300-01-005-00
Location: T26N, R4W SEC 22& 23
Lot size: 50 X 146
Request: Requesting a variance of 6 from the south (side) lot line and a variance of 27 from the east (back, road side) lot line, to build an 18 X 24 garage that will be attached to the existing home.
Non-conformances: Legal non-conforming rear set back is 40 home is 37.5 .
Presentation by Curt Jansen for the Peffleys.
Open discussion by board.
Motion by J. Zalobsky support by L. Stephan to approve request as presented. (work sheets on file)
Roll call vote: Olson Aye
French - -Aye
J. Zalobsky Aye
L.Stephan Aye Motion carried.
8. Case #16-05
Motion by K. Olson support by L. Stephan Basic Conditions have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky Special Condition B has been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky Administrative Standards have been met. All ayes.
Case # 16-05 Request for variance
Petitioner: Richard Carlisle
Address : 2212 Old Falls Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Local Address: 1161 Corning Ct.
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID # 040-41-011-04-120-00
Location: T26N, R3W SEC 11
Zoning: NRD, Natural River District
Lot size: 101.9 river frontage X =+-583/615 depth
Request: Requesting a front variance of 100 from the river for a 12 X 32 addition plus a 8 X 32 covered porch that will also require a west side variance of 15 and an east side variance of 5. A second addition of 12 X 24 to the rear of the home will require a variance from the river of 35 a west side variance of 2 and an east side variance of 10. The home is situated on an angle and not parallel to the west and east property lines.
Non-conformances: Legal non-conforming NRD set back from river is 200 home is 120, side set backs are 40 home is 30 from west side line and 20 from east side line.
Zoning justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Sec, 16.07
Petitioner Richard Carlisle explains request.
Discussion by board.
Motion by L. Stephan support by K. Olson to approve as requested. (work sheets on file)
Roll call vote: K. Olson - Aye
J. Zalobsky Aye
L. Stephan Aye Motion carried.
9. Motion by Cox support by L. Stephan to adjourn 8:28. All ayes. Motion carried.