Zoning Board Minutes
MAY 16,2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS MEETING AN PUBLIC HEARING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
MAY 16, 2016
1. 7:01 meeting called to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present – Cox, French, Stephan, J. Zalobsky and K. Olson.
Also present – Chad Swanders (representative of Claudia Johnson) & Rick Harland as recording secretary.
4. Motion by Cox support by J. Zalobsky to approve minutes from September 15, 2015. All, ayes. Motion carried.
5. Chair explains the formation, powers and duties of the zoning board of appeals and the public procedure to be followed. All members were present. Chair explains that a majority of three votes is needed to take action. Variances are granted to the property, not to the owner. Chair reads 125.3606 MCL concerning appeals. An appeal under this section shall be filed within 30 days after the zoning board of appeals certifies its decision in writing or approves the minutes of its decision. Appeals of zoning decisions are made in circuit court.
6. Basic Conditions: Motion by J. Zalobsky support by K. Olson that basic condition have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Special Conditions: Motion by J. Zalobsky support by Stephan that at least one special condition has been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Administrative Standards 21.01 all understand. Motion by Stephan support by J. Zalobsky. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. Chair reads case: Case # 16-02 Request for variance
Petitioner: Claudia Johnson
Address : 615 Manitou
Maumee, OH 43537
Local Address: 4832 Barbless Hook
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID # 040-40-011-13-060-00
Location: T26N, R2W SEC 11
Zoning: NRD Natural River District
Lot size: 4.37 + or-acres
Request: Requesting a 56’ variance from the Au Sable River to build a 30’ X 30’ addition (on the road side) squaring up an existing part of the home. The purpose is to add a foundation and to direct run off away from log structure.
Non-conformances: Legal non-conforming. Home is 95’ from the Au Sable River.
Zoning justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Sec, 23.04C
Discussion on request by representative Chad Swanders and board.
Two letters of support read by secretary Harland. (on file)
Motion by Stephan support by J. Zalobsky to approve request as presented. All ayes. Motion carried.(work sheets on file)
Roll call vote:
French – Aye
Cox – Aye
J. Zalobsky – Aye
Stephan – Aye
K. Olson - Aye
8. 7:55 p.m. motion by Cox support by Stephan to adjourn. All ayes. Motion carried.