Zoning Board Minutes
SEPTEMBER 21, 2015 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
SEPTEMBER 21, 2015
1. 7:08 meeting called to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present Cox, French, Stephan and J. Zalobsky.
Also present Petitioners Ben & Lukas Varney, Rob LaBelle, Ron & Jan Godlewski, Dave Waltz and Katie Olson.
4. Motion by Cox support by J. Zalobsky to approve minutes from August 17, 2015. Four, ayes. One absent. Motion carried.
5. Motion by J. Zalobsky support by L. Stephan to accept resignation letter from Shawn Kraycs as of April 30th 2015.
6. Request by petitioner to continue meeting with four board members. Chair explains the formation, powers and duties of the zoning board of appeals and the public procedure to be followed. Four members were present. Chair explains that a majority of three votes is needed to take action. Variances are granted to the property, not to the owner. Chair reads 125.3606 MCL concerning appeals. An appeal under this section shall be filed within 30 days after the zoning board of appeals certifies its decision in writing or approves the minutes of its decision. Appeals of zoning decisions are made in circuit court.
7. Basic Conditions: Motion by J. Zalobsky support by Cox that basic condition have been met. Four ayes, one vacant seat. Motion carried.
Special Conditions: Motion by Cox support by J. Zalobsky that at least one special condition has been met. Four ayes, one vacant seat. Motion carried.
8. Chair reads case:
Case # 15-04 Request for variance
Petitioner: Pyramid Network Services
Address : 4700 Hunt St
Cass, City, MI 48726
Local Address: E. Four Mile Rd
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID # 040-40-031-15-035-00
Location: T26N, R2W SEC 31
Zoning: R-F Recreational Forest
Lot size: 10 acres
Request: Requesting east and west side variances to build a 260 guyed tower.
Zoning justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Site Development Standards XX 20.01P, 1-13
Petitioner presented details of request on project.
Ron & Jan Godlewski own property east of subject property expressed concerns about property value dropping and unsightliness of a tall tower. Opposed to project
Dave Waltz talked about towers in general.
Extensive discussion and questions regarding request.
Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky to allow construction of tower as presented allowing a 53 variance from the east line and a 144 variance on the west line. Four ayes, one vacant seat. Motion carried. (work sheets on file)
Roll call vote:
J. Zalobsky Aye
L. Stephan Aye
One vacant seat
9. Meeting adjourned 9:10 p.m.