Planning Commission Minutes
FEBRUARY 22, 2017 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP
PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES
FEBRUARY 22, 2017
1. 7:02 meeting called to order by acting Chair Gosnell.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present – Gosnell, Michal, Cox and Dedenbach
Absent - Robson
Also present – Scott McClain, Denise Cline, Fay Bovee, Susan Theil, Ken Rouston, Bob Dixon and Rick Harland as recording secretary.
5. Motion by Michal support by Gosnell to accept Jansen’s letter of resignation. Four ayes, one absent. Motion carried.
6. Board acknowledges Board of Trustees appointment of Marc Dedenbach to the Planning Commission.
7. Motion by Michal support by Cox to approve minutes from November 30, 2016. Three, ayes. One absent. One abstain. Motion carried.
8. Case # 17-01SU Special Use
Petitioner: Robert Cameron
491 Tanglewood Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32505
Property address: 2289 Shaw Park Rd.
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID#: 040-40-004-09-021-00
Location: Sec. 4, T26N, R2W
Zoning: NRD Natural River District
Lot size: 15 acres + or -
Request: Requesting a special use to build a guest house.
Non-conformances: None known
Zoning justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Section 16.05 E
Scott McClain (builder) explained request in detail.
Question from neighbors Fay Bovee and Ken Rouston answered and in favor of request.
Discussion by board.
Motion by Dedenbach support by Michal to approve request. Four ayes, one absent. Motion carried.
8. Meeting adjourned 7:35.
9. Held work shop for zoning ordinances.