Planning Commission Minutes
FEBRUARY 24, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION
FEBRUARY 24, 2016
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES
1. Meeting called to order 7:00 P.M. by chairperson Jansen
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present: Jansen, Cox, Gosnell, and Michal.
Rick Harland as recording secretary.
4. Approval of minutes from November 24, 2015. Motion by Michal support by Cox. Three ayes, one absent one abstained. Motion carried.
5. Discussion in general about below areas of concern
A. New businesses
B. Housing needs. TMA
C. Wild fire protection plan incorporate into building or zoning
D. Oil and gas exploration FLOW recommendations
E. Growth of infrastructure UA, internet connectivity, and telecommunications towers
F. Promote health and wellness through recreation ie, Non-motorized pathway
G. Marijuana ordinances
6. Discussion of replacing Rick Harland on the Crawford County Planning Commission with a member from the Township Planning Commission.
7. Discussed time line goal to update building and zoning ordinances approximately 6-9 months.
8. Discussed the best way to go through this process would be to start at the beginning of the zoning ordinance book review each section and make recommendations.
9. Assignment for next meeting to review sections 1-5 and make recommendations.
10. 8 P.M. motion by Cox support by Gosnell to adjourn. Four ayes one absent. Motion carried.