Board of Trustees Minutes
MAY 17, 2017 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
MAY 17, 2017
Members Present: Dennis Long, Claudia Selthoffer, Duane Brooks, Rick Harland, JoAnn Michal, Cindy Olson, Monica Ashton.
Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Mike Ingalls, Bob Dixon, Kim VanNuck, Lacey Stephan, Jay Hollingsworth, Angela Hempel, Larry Fox, Sierra Koch.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and reports for April 2017 (No action required): Animal Control, Cenetral Dispatch, GFD Activity Report, Building Department Report.
3. Motion by Brooks, second by Michal, to approve minutes of March 29, 2017 Special Meeting as presented. Ayes, seven; Nays, none; Motion carried.
4. Motion by Long, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of April 26, 2017 (Rescheduled) Regular Meeting as presented. Ayes, seven; Nays, None; Motion carried.
5. Treasurer’s Report for April 2017 was reviewed and placed on file.
6. Bob Dixon, Building Inspector, updated the Board on recent activity. Permits up. ARAUCO is pouring footings, etc.
7. Sierra Koch, Crawford County Prosecutor, made the Board aware of new marijuana business regulations that will become effective in December of 2017 and local government options. Supervisor will schedule a meeting for more in depth discussion.
8. Motion by Long, second by Brooks, to recess regular meeting and open Public Hearing regarding Water and Sewer Special Assessment District in the Industrial Park. All ayes, motion carried.
9. PUBLIC HEARING
Supervisor opened the Public Hearing at 10:10 a.m.
The purpose of the hearing is to discuss adoption of a resolution establishing a Special Assessment District (SAD) for both water and waste water treatment in the Industrial Park (IDP).
Larry Fox, C2AE Engineering firm that developed the plans and estimated cost of the project, was available for questions. The SAD Boundary Maps are available for inspection.
Supervisor explained that all property owners in the proposed district and within 300 feet of boundaries have been notified by mail and/or in person of each step in the process. Notifications have also been published online and in the Crawford County Avalanche.
No citizens wished to speak.
Motion by Brooks, second by Selthoffer, to close Public Hearing and reconvene regular meeting. All ayes, motion carried.
10. Motion by Long, second by Brooks, to adopt SPECIAL ASSESSMENT RESOLUTION NO.2 (WATER SYSTEM) establishing “2017 Water Supply System Special Assessment District”. Roll Call. Ayes, seven; Nays, None; Absent, None. Motion carried. (See attachment “A”)
11. Motion by Long, second by Michal, to adopt SPECIAL ASSESSMENT RESOLUTION NO 2 (SANITARY SEWER SYSTEM) establishing “2017 Sanitary Sewer System Special Assessment District.” Roll Call. Ayes, seven, Nays, None; Absent, None. Motion carried. (See attachment “B”)
12. Motion by Brooks, second by Long, to donate $1,000.00 to the Crawford County Economic Development Partnership (CCEDP) for the 2017-18 Fiscal Year. Ayes, seven; Nays, none; Absent, none. Motion carried.
13. Motion by Brooks, second by Olson, to re-approve the Resolution of Authorization for Grayling Township Donated Funds for the Iron Belle Trail grant application. Reason: Correction of typos.
Ayes, seven; Nays, none; Absent, none. Motion carried. (See attachment “C”).
14. Long discussed the Lake Margrethe Road Ends.
15. Motion by Brooks, second by Michal, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 268 thru 300. Fire Dept Loan Payment of $13,202.08 and liquor inspections of $100.00 for a grand total of $64,288.56. All ayes, motion carried.
16. Motion to adjourn by Michal, carried. All ayes.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C
Grayling Charter Township Clerk