Board of Trustees Minutes
FEBRUARY 15, 2017 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
FEBRUARY 15, 2017
Members Present: Jeri Selthoffer, Monica Ashton, JoAnn Michal, Duane Brooks, Cindy Olson, Rick Harland.
Members Absent: Dennis Long.
Others Present: Russ Strohpaul, Mike Ingalls, Bob Dixon, Mike Houserman.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for January: Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, GFD Activity Report.
3. Motion by Brooks, second by Michal, to approve minutes of January 18, 2017 as presented. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Treasurerís Report for January was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Motion by Brooks, second by Olson, to approve a five year extension of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Michigan Economic Development Partnership (MEDP) and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) regarding the Four Mile Road Industrial Park. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
6. Geographical Information System (GIS) upgrade through Crawford County was explained by Mike Houserman, Grayling Township Assessor. Costs and timeline are estimated at $6,700.00 per year over three years for our jurisdiction. Questions regarding costs and upgrades after that period. Subject to be addressed at the March meeting when more information is available.
7. Bob Dixon, Building Inspector, noted ARAUCO groundbreaking ceremony will be April 12, 2017. Pipeline Safety Meeting on March, 15, 2017 for interested parties.
8. Draft of proposed 2017-18 General Fund Budget was reviewed. Public Hearing for Budgets will be held on March 15, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. Special Meeting of Township Board to be held March 29, 2017, at 10:00 a.m., to wrap-up any unfinished fiscal year business.
9. Motion by Brooks, second by Michal, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 19 through 55, Liquor Inspections $80.00, and Fire Dept. Construction Loan Qtly payment of $13,202.08, for a grand total of $79,954.37. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
10. Russ Strohpaul, Fire Chief, was present to provide Board and guests with tour of new Fire Truck which has been under construction and customization by CSI, Grayling, over the last fourteen months.
11. Motion to adjourn by Michal, carried.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C.
Grayling Charter Township Clerk