Board of Trustees Minutes
NOVEMBER 16, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD REGULAR MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
NOVEMBER 16, 2016
Members Present: Monica Ashton, Duane Brooks, Rick Harland, JoAnn Michal, Cindy Olson, Bruce Zalobsky.
Dennis Long arrived at 10:50 a.m.
Others Present: Denise Cline of NEMCOG, Eric Podjaske of City of Grayling, Claudia Selthoffer, Mike Ingalls , Angela Hempel, Lonnie Stevens, Ronald Stevens.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and reports for October (No action required): Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, GFD Activity Report.
3. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of October 19, 2016 as presented. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Treasurer’s Report for October was reviewed and placed on file.
5. There was no Building Department Report but Treasurer noted that the Department had $5100.00 in revenues for October.
6. There were no citizens who wished to speak.
7. Denice Cline of North East Michigan Council of Governments (NEMCOG) and Eric Podjaske, Zoning Administrator for the City of Grayling were on hand to discuss available Zoning Ordinance update services through NEMCOG MEDC. The City is currently going through the process. Estimated cost range $14,000.00 to $16,000.00 over a two year period.
8. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to adopt resolution recommending that the Grayling Recreation Authority be considered for approval of a Charitable Gaming License by the State Lottery Commission. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried. (See attachment “A”)
9. Motion by Brooks, second by Michal, to approve Beaver Creek/Grayling Township Utility Authority request for advance (loan) of $4,000.00 (50% of total) for mapping and grant administration meeting. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
10. Motion by Ashton, second by Zalobsky, to authorize Supervisor Harland to negotiate service fee agreement for collection of 2017 (or longer) Summer School Property Taxes with Crawford AuSable School District, Kirtland Community College and C.O.O.R. Intermediate School District. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
11. Supervisor commented on ARAUCO Project.
12. The Board thanked Bruce Zalobsky for his service to this Board and the Community and wished him well in his future endeavors. He will be missed. Bruce thanked the Board and Community for the opportunity to be of service.
13. Dennis Long joined the meeting at 10:50 a.m.
14. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 14166, 14201 thru 14232, Election payroll $2,768.00, Fire Dept Const Loan Qtly $13,262.07 and Liquor Inspections of $80.00 for a grand total of$56,782.27. Ayes, seven, Nays, none; Absent, none. Motion carried.
15. Motion to adjourn by Michal, second by Ashton, at 10:53 a.m. All ayes, Motion carried.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C.
Grayling Charter Township Clerk