Board of Trustees Minutes
JUNE 15, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARF OF TRUSTEES
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
MAY 18, 2016
Members Present: Cindy Olson, JoAnn Michal, Rick Harland, Duane Brooks, Bruce Zalobsky, Dennis Long.
Members Absent: Monica Ashton.
<.br>Others Present: Kevin Hesselink, Larry Fox of C2AE, Cheryl Melroy.
1. Supervisor called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for April 2016 (No action required): Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, Attorney Report, GFD Activity Report for previous month, Building Dept Activity Report.
3. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of March 30, 2016. Ayes, six; Nays, None; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of April 20, 2016. Ayes, six; Nays, None; Absent, one. Motion carried.
5. Cheryl Melroy, Munson Health Care Community Health Coordinator provided information from the Annual County Health Rankings Report.
6. Kevin Hesselink, candidate for 46th Circuit Court Judge, introduced himself.
7. Larry Fox, C2AE, reported that the Utility Authority is at the point of securing funding for Rural Development Loan. EDA Grant. Fee is $18,000. Beaver Creek has approved $9,000. Motion by Brooks, second by Long, to approve $9,000. Payment of shared advance fee for water and sewer services. Ayes, six; Nays, None; Absent, one. Motion carried.
8. Arauco update. Clearing land. Next spring is tentative construction date.
9. Recycle update: We were having a shortfall. Headed toward doing only our own recycling. May have to increase surcharge.
10. Dennis Long introduced the Black Bear Bike Race, July 9th.
11. Bruce Zalobsky commented on the newspaper article regarding the 100% parcel audit.
12. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 13684 thru 13716, Fire Dept Construction Loan $13,262.07, Liquor Inspections $80.00 for a grand total of $54,686.65. Ayes, six; Nays, None; Absent, one. Motion carried.
13. Motion to adjourn by Zalobsky, second by Brooks.
Minutes recorded by Cindy Olson, in absence of Clerk
Minutes submitted by Monica Ashton, CMC
Grayling Charter Township Clerk