Board of Trustees Minutes
JANUARY 20, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
JANUARY 20, 2016
Members Present: Cindy Olson, Monica Ashton, Rick Harland, Duane Brooks, Bruce Zalaobsky, JoAnn Michal.
Members Absent: Dennis Long.
Others Present: Mike Ingalls, Bob Dixon.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for December 2015 (no action required): Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, Attorney Report, GFD Activity Report, Building Dept. Report.
3. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to approve minutes of December 16, 2015, with the following corrections. Item #8: Change reference to Zoning Board of Appeals to Board of Review. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Treasurerís Report for December 2015 was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Supervisor reported he is seeking more information on STING funding before 2015-16 Budget.
Also, there is not much activity this month with Arauco, CCEDP or Utility Authority.
6. Motion by Olson, second by Zalobsky, to confirm appointment of Jerald Gosnell to the Grayling Township Planning Commission. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
7. Motion by Olson, second by Zalobsky, to appoint Jerald Gosnell to the Grayling Township Board of Review. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
8. Supervisor reported that Brad Sommers has resigned from the Grayling Recreation Authority. Motion by Olson, second by Zalobsky, to appoint Jamie Wright to fill Mr. Sommers remaining term on the GRA Board. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
9. FYI: 2016 is the second year of a two year agreement to collect summer taxes for the school districts. No action required.
10. Board Members received rough drafts of proposed 2016-17 General Fund Budget. Various items were discussed and explained. Will be on agenda in February for suggestions and adjustments prior to a March public hearing.
11. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 13348, 13369 through 13400 and liquor inspections $80.00 for a grand total of $77,514.11. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
12. Motion to adjourn by Zalobsky, second by Brooks. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C.
Grayling Charter Township Clerk