Board of Trustees Minutes
SEPTEMBER 16, 2015 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
SEPTEMBER 16, 2015
Members Present: Bruce Zalobsky, Cindy Olson, Rick Harland, Duane Brooks, Dennis Long, JoAnn Michal.
Members Absent: Monica Ashton
Others Present: Doug Baum, Paul Olson
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for August 2015 (No action required): Animal Control, Central Dispatch, GFD Activity Report, Building Department Report.
3. Motion by Brooks, second by long to approve minutes of August 19, 2015, as presented. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Treasurer’s Report for August was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Paul Olson, of Municipal Underwriters of Michigan, reviewed renewal policy from Michigan Township Participating Plan and answered questions.
Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to renew the Township’s liability coverage with Michigan Township Participating Plan for plan year October 2015 thru September 2016. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
6. Supervisor reported on Project Particle (See attached), CCEDP and UA. Also, there is a $20,000.00 State grant for our section of the Iron Belt Trail from N. Higgens Lake State Park. Funds to be used for engineering.
7. Supervisor Harland outlined proposed purchase of Kubota Tractor to be used and jointly owned by the City and Township. It will be purchased with Cemetery Perpetual Care Funds. (See attached description of tractor package.)
Motion by Brooks, second by Long, to participate in the purchase of Kubota Tractor B2650HSDC. Hours of use will be documented by user (City or Township). Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
8. Discussion of Medical Marijuana Ordinance moratorium.
Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to request attorney opinion regarding medical marijuana grow operations and refer it to the Planning Commission. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
9. Doug Baum brought invoice from the Attorney for the City of Grayling for a meeting held with Long and Brooks concerning Fire Department issues. He requested the Township pay one-half of the charges. Supervisor Harland established the meeting was not with the Township. It was a personal meeting between Doug Baum, other City representatives, Dennis Long and Duane Brooks. Supervisor Harland declined payment.
10. Jerry E. Millikin has asked to remain on the Beaver Creek/Grayling Township Utility Authority but as an alternate. Supervisor has requested that we appoint Lacey Stephan III to the Authority as a regular member.
Motion by Zalobsky, second by Long, to appoint Lacey Stephan III to the Beaver Creek/Grayling Township Utility Authority. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
11. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve payment of claims on vouchers13053 through 13082 and liquor inspections of $80.00 for a grand total of $61,693.47. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
12. Motion to adjourn by Brooks, second by Michal. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
Minutes recorded by C. Olson.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C.
Grayling Charter Township Clerk